This 1870 schoolhouse is the home of the Wabasha County Historical Society, housing exhibits, programs, collections, and administration. The building was due for some exterior rehabilitation – new eaves, tuckpointing, and windows restoration. We worked with the Society for two years of preparatory projects: a Historic Structures Report, the development of construction documents, and raising money for the project. We helped them establish a partnership with the county to be eligible for Minnesota Legacy funding, and ultimately wrote grants raising more than $300,000 for the restoration project.